YES!! I hear you cry and fist pump the air – it’s back!
The renowned Frensham Cadet October Training 2018 will run on the 6th, 13th and 27th and I’m delighted to confirm our external trainers this year will be of the usual high quality you’ve come to expect. A ridiculous amount of National and World finishing places between them, I give you: Ben Hazeldine, Lucy Terkelson, Alex Corby, George and Tom Bridge. What a line-up!
We are adding a new, fourth group this year; Intro to Cadets. This is a group for those children just starting out on their sailing adventures, may have done the odd course or even just a taster sail perhaps. Fortnite is so last year, homework is boring and they just want to get out in the fresh air knowing that Frensham Pond is where it’s at for building on their knowledge so far. BUT, be warned, we only have 12 exclusive places available on this course with our club boats, so book early to avoid disappointment! I will run a waiting list and offer ad-hoc places for those that can’t make all dates.
Here’s an indicative outline for each day:
08:00 Clubhouse opens
08:30 Galley opens
09:00 Registration opens
Start launching safety boats
09:30 Welcome and introductions in clubhouse
Boats to be rigged and ready to sail
Sailors to be dressed for going afloat
09:45 Onshore briefing in separate training groups
10:30 Launch and start of training on the water
12:45 Ashore for lunch
14:00 Rigged and ready for the afternoon race
14:40 Cadet start for afternoon race (with on water coaching)
15:45 Ashore, de-rigging and debrief
Attached please find the entry form, medical questionnaire, poster and payment details.
A few pointers…
1. One entry form per boat – from the helm. For the Intro to Cadet group, this is one form per person please as we’ll mixing it around each week.
2. Payment BY 2 October please….not ON 2nd October! The earlier the better for planning purposes and to keep my stress levels down!
3. Medical questionnaire: one per sailor please
4. Visiting boats: trailers and boats can be left at Frensham between training sessions.
Entry, medical forms and payment…
1. Can be handed to me in person at FPSC or left with Julian in the office (cash or cheque please)
2. Passed to David Little at either of the two Grafham events
3. Sent to my home address (see entry form)
4. Completed, signed, scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with subsequent payment as per 1,2,3 above.
Entries will be accepted on the day but this may mean that your sailors are not in in the optimum training group. I am sure you appreciate that it takes a bit of time to ensure that the groups are properly balance and sized.
Any questions, please ask…..
FPSC Cadet Class Captain